Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day, I look forward to it every morning except on days I’m fasting. I agree with the studies that have proven that it is the most important meal of the day. I know for a fact that having breakfast improves short-term memory and attention span. Every time I have breakfast I can go through an entire day without having lunch and everything in between. It actually reduces morning grumpiness and boy does energise. Breakfast doesn’t have to be boring, here are some of my favourite recipes that may change your breakfast game.
- 1/2 a cup of greek yogurt or plain low fat yorgurt
- 1/2 a cup of granola
- Sliced fresh fruits (I used mango, strawberries and blueberries)
- Divide the 1/2 cup of greek yogurt into two, add half of it into your cup or bowl
- Add 2-3 table spoons of honey unto the yogurt
- Add half of the 1/2 cup of granola unto the honey
- Add half of your sliced fresh fruits unto the granola
- Repeat the process, making another layer
There you have it! Your parfait is ready.
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Break the egg into a large bowl and beat until fluffy
- Add the milk and melted butter
- Next add flour, salt and baking powder
- Heat a griddle or a frying pan (make sure it is on medium heat and not high)
- Grease the griddle or pan with a drop of melted butter or your preferred oil.
- Using a serving spoon or a scooping spoon, pour the batter onto the greased pan or griddle
- Watch the pancakes cook and begin to form bubbles on top, once the bubbles pop, flip the pancakes. The flip side of the pancakes should be lightly brown, cook the other side until it turns brown as well. The pancakes shouldn’t cook for more than 5mins.
Your pancakes are ready to be served. You can serve with fresh fruits and any syrup of your choosing.
Peanut Butter Toast
- 2 slices of bread
- Peanut butter
- 1 banana
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons of cottage cheese
- Put 2 slices of bread in the toaster and toast to your liking.
- Take the bread slices out of the toaster and place them on a plate, using a table knife dip it in the peanut butter and spread it on the toast as you like
- Next slice the banana and avocado into evenly thick or thin sized slices
- Placed the banana and avocado slices neatly across each slice of peanut-buttered toast and add the tbs of cottage cheese on the avocados.
It is that easy, and breakfast is served!
- 1/2 cup of muesli
- 1/2 cup of sweetened yogurt
- 1/2 banana
- 1 teaspoon of nuts (the nuts you prefer)
- Add the yogurt to a bowl plate
- Add muesli and slightly stir
- Next slice bananas and other fruits of your choosing and add to the bowl of muesli and then add your favourite nuts
And in less than 5mins breakfast will be served
One thing I like about oat meal is that you can either eat it hot or refrigerated for breakfast.
Directions ( for quick oat meal)
- Heat water in a kettle
- Add the desired amount of oats into a bowl
- Add the already boiled water and cover for 3-5mins
- Add milk and honey and stir and……breakfast is done
Directions ( for non-quick oat meal)
- Heat water in a pot
- Add the desired amount of oats into the boiling water
- Stir till it’s soft, add milk and honey and turn it into a bowl and get ready to have breakfast.
Both kinds of oats can be prepared with just milk without water.